As many Northern Area GPs and Surgeon’s will now be aware, the North Lakes Haematology and Oncology Clinic has opened at the North Lakes Day Hospital.
Since commencing, we have been out visiting many local Doctors and the feedback from them has been that many of their patients struggle to afford a Private Medical Oncologist or would like a second opinion.
Dr Thaker and Dr Kharki (Medical Oncologists) have therefore agreed to see your patients in consultation, in a Bulk Billed capacity for the rest of the year.
What does this mean for your patient?
- They should be able to receive an appointment within 1 – 2 weeks;
- Should they require medical treatment (Chemotherapy, Blood Transfusions, Bisphosphonate infusions etc), we can provide this on site immediately;
- The in-hospital treatment will not incur any out of pocket expenses, other than those imposed by the health funds, and we accept all health funds (including BUPA and Medibank Private);
- Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology have agreed to also Bulk Bill pathology associated with these out patients, for all Medicare re-bateable tests;
- Additionally, Sullivan Nicolaides have agreed to only charge schedule fees to in-patients who do not have private health insurance, enabling a claim to be made to Medicare that will result in very minimal gap fees;
- Any patient that may require Molecular or Genetic testing will be informed in advance as these test typically do not have a Medicare Item number.
If you would like further information please visit www.nlhoc.com.au or feel free to give us a call on (07) 3859 0690 or referrals can be faxed to: (07) 3491 6803. If you haven’t yet met our Doctors, please call Nadine Carlson who can ensure that you receive a visit or invitation to one of our training evenings.
CEO – Montserrat